Saturday, June 07, 2008

Should I???



Thinking about getting a bike - either bicycle or motorbike but then again, I lost 2 bicycles last time in uni, due to negligence. I forgot to lock them up and chain them to a post or something, despite spending quite a lot on locks and chains.


And I lost a motorbike too - stolen. I had two massive locks and chains, but in spite of all that, my motorbike was carried off into a lorry by two fellas, just like that. I didn't witness it, of course, but that's how most motorbikes are stolen. Good thing I never installed the motorbike alarm. It will be expensive, but still useless. Do you think the thieves care if the alarm goes off?


That was really saddening, because I JUST finished paying my 2-year loan installments for the bike. Yeah, I know... WHAT THE? At least I managed to claim back via insurance half of the price of the bike. But it should be worth the full price, since I took really good care of it, and upgraded a lot of parts and only 2 years old.


Which is why I don't think I will get any of the above. Too easy to be stolen. Besides, they don't give any protection to the riders. Once kena bang means GONE CASE. Car kena bang at least still got a bit of shock absorption, depending on the strength of the impact, but given the same amount of impact, motorbike riders will be injured more seriously (and often times fatally) than car drivers. And there's a lot more cons - if rain, really troublesome. Sometimes the rain is so heavy that the water will still seep underneath the raincoat. If you never buy the extended storage box (installed behind the rider), your things will get wet. And visibility is really poor, because don't have wiper for the helmet screen. Another con is that FOR SURE, after travelling using motorbike, your shirt will stink. That is, if you never wear any coat or windbreaker. And FOR SURE, your hair will have a very impressive design, no matter how long you spent on it in the morning.


Even though it can save really a lot of petrol and time (especially during traffic jams), but considering the cons, I don't think so.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home